SACRED STORY YOUTH--THE IGNATIAN EXAMEN AND CONSCIENCE FORMATION PROGRAM--IN 4 EASY STEPS
1 - Teach Lesson One
2 - Teach Lesson Two
3 - Teach Lesson Three
4 - Listen to the 3-8 minute Meditation daily
THE MEDITATIONS ARE THE HEART OF SACRED STORY YOUTH
Students then write a one-minute reflection for the day or week
(Free Audio Samples Available--The Heart of the Program)
Listen to Fr. Bill Watson explain the power of Sacred Story Youth
The SSY Program Packets available for purchase each contain grade-specific materials and three lesson plans to teach students how to learn this powerful spiritual discipline of the Ignatian Examination of Conscience. The program packets also contain a Vimeo web-link (Free Audio Samples Available--The Heart of the Program) and access code all for a one-time purchase price!
Each SSY Program Packet Contains Lesson Plans and Everything You Need to Teach Youth How to Pray the Ignatian Examen:
- Teacher Program Overview with One-Year Vimeo Access Code for SSY Guided Ignatian Meditations (color PDF)
- Scope and Sequence for Pre-K to Eighth Grade (PDF)
- Four Easy Steps Teacher Visual Guide for SSY's Three Lesson Plans (color PDF)
- Eighty-Page SSY Theological Resource Guide for Teachers (color PDF)
- Life of St. Ignatius Loyola and Meditation Instruction PowerPoint Lesson (PPS)
- Certificates of Appreciation for students (full-color and partial color PDF)
- Information Letter for Parents of SSY Students (color PDF)
- Three Complete LESSON PLANS Plus Complete UNIT PLAN OVERVIEW (40 page color PDF)
- Downloadable Template for the Meditation Response Logs.
Sacred Story Youth Meditation Response Logs
Bulk orders of 10 or more $3.50 each (originally $6.95)
A NOTE ON PRICING: We have priced individual grade packages for Sacred Story Youth very competitively so that they will be accessible to all no matter their income or budget. We consider "one purchase" to be for "one" family, grade in school, youth group, scout troop etc.
ABOUT SACRED STORY YOUTH
Over two years in development and tested with hundreds of students and teachers, Sacred Story Youth (SSY) is a new program designed to teach the classic Ignatian Examination of Conscience in a new way to children in Pre-K to Eight Grade. It is intended for use by teachers, parents, youth ministers and anyone else who is interested in helping youth learn how to pray and understand spiritual discernment. The five movements of the Sacred Story Prayer (Creation, Presence, Memory, Mercy and Eternity) are combined with various Commandments at each grade level to help youth learn both the content of their faith as well how to connect with God personally in prayer.